Copper Naphthenate Treatment for Utility Poles
QNAP has performance equal to or better than other oil-borne preservatives, requires no special equipment and the treated wood is not a hazardous waste, which allows for recycling or energy recovery.
QNAP is an 8% oil-borne copper naphthenate solution that is an EPA-registered, non-restricted/general use preservative also standardized for use by the AWPA (P36). The product is created from recycled copper and an oil refining by-product - making it green from the start.
QNAP provides these benefits to the utility pole industry:
- AWPA U1-11 Section 6D & P36 Standards
- Disposal Options Include:
- Recycle and Re-Use
- Use as an Energy Source
- Disposal in Approved Landfills
- The Best Gaff Penetration of All Commercial Pole Preservatives Tested
- Reduced After Glow Combustion
- Poles Don't Become Brittle
- Less Drippage and Bleeding in Commercial Experience
- Clean Handling Characteristics
- Compatible with Cellutreat Borate Pretreatment