Crossties and Switch Ties with Copper Naphthenate
QNAP is an 8% oil-borne copper naphthenate solution.
It is an EPA-registered, non-restricted use/general use preservative also adopted as standard for use by the AWPA (P36). The product is created from recycled copper and by-products of oil refining – making it green from the start.
QNAP has performance equal to all other oil-borne/oil type preservatives. Use of QNAP requires no special equipment. Wood treated with QNAP is non-hazardous waste, which allows for recycling or energy recovery.
QNAP Provides These Benefits to the Railroad Industry:
- AWPA U1-11 Section 6C Standards & P36
- Efficacy Equal to Other Oil-Borne/Oil Type Preservatives
- Less Drippage/Bleeding in Commercial Experience
- Cleaner Handling Characteristics
- Allows Recycling and Energy Recovery
- Same Lubricating Properties as Other Oil-Borne Preservatives
- Compatible with Cellutreat Borate Pretreatment
- Cost Effective, Non-Restricted Use Pesticide
Environmental Comparison Report
Read the Comparison of QNAP to Penta
Minimum Retention for Rairoad Ties in lb/cu ft of Cu
|AWPA||Oak and Hickory||All Others|
|UC 4A,4B,4C||0.055 or refusal||0.06|